[Qgis-user] ecw files

David Fawcett david.fawcett at gmail.com
Mon Jun 9 08:55:35 PDT 2008

I am running QGIS 0.10.0 on Windows and trying to get a large .ecw
file to load.  Based on the documentation, it appears as though QGIS
should support .ecw files.

When I try to load the file, I get a warning dialog that says that the
file 'is not a supported raster data source'.  gdalinfo is able to
open it up using the 'ECW/ERMapper Compressed Wavelets' driver.

Granted, this is a giant image (~27gb), but if it was a size issue, I
would expect a crash instead of the warning.   Maybe I am just used to
the expensive, proprietary stuff ; /

Thanks,

David.