[Qgis-user] ecw files

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Mon Jun 9 14:39:35 PDT 2008

Hi

Is the gdal info you are using to test using the same gdal libs as in
the qgis install directory? I'm not sure if Marco built the windows
version with .ecw support - traditionally we havent shipped ecw
support due to licensing issues. If you have a gdal library on your
system that includes ecw support, you could experimentally try
dropping its dlls etc into the qgis folder. I would suggest making a
backup first since you may break everything if the gdal you have was
built using a different compiler to QGIS.

Hope that helps

Regards

Tim