[Qgis-user] [Fwd: Qgis for mac OSX Tiger: grass tools doesn't work]

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Wed Jun 11 07:43:19 PDT 2008

As of a few weeks ago, Tom's all-in-one was built using the version
of python that comes with OS X, but some plugins need a later version
of python. This is on 10.4.11, Tiger.

Hence using Kyngesbury's and installing the other various frameworks
is the way to go. I found that process to be relatively simple (I'm
certainly no expert at building software on the Mac, but I do have
some experience, so take that into account when interpreting
"relatively simple")

And (hereby revealing my ignorance) would someone please send me
Tom's email address? I was supposed to mention the python version bit
to him, and describe my experience with python version issues, and I
never got to it (looked briefly for his email and didn't find it).

-Don

Don MacQueen
Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory
Livermore, CA, USA