[Qgis-user] ArcGis mdb file

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Sat Jun 14 17:24:58 PDT 2008

On linux, it uses the mdbtools library, and accesses the MDB thru
ODBC.  while it works on Linux, I've had trouble getting it to work on
OSX, and I'm STILL waiting for a bug fix on another ODBC Access
driver :(  So really, only OSX is out of luck for now.

On Jun 14, 2008, at 5:05 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

> Although I am pretty certain that format requires Windows as an
> Access lib is used by gdal. So no joy on Linux or OS X without a
> virtual machine.
>
> Regards,
> John
>
> On Jun 14, 2008, at 5:29 AM, Jeff McKenna wrote:
>
>> GDAL does have read support for mdb files (http://gdal.org/ogr/drv_pgeo.html)....so
>>  you should be able to use GDAL's ogr2ogr utility to convert your
>> mdb into a readable format for QGIS.
>>
>> --jeff

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

All generalizations are dangerous, even this one.