[Qgis-user] creating a .prj file for a shapefile that doesn't have one

Carson Farmer cfarmer at uvic.ca
Wed Jun 18 08:25:32 PDT 2008

Regie,

You can define the projection (create .prj files) of vector layers using my srsmanagement plugin. This plugin also allows you to project layers to different projections afterwards as well.

It is available here:
http://www.geog.uvic.ca/spar/carson/
or if you have QGIS > 0.9.2 you can add:
http://www.geog.uvic.ca/spar/carson/cfarmerQgisRepo.xml
to your python plugins repository in your plugin installer and install it
directly from there.

There are instruction at the address above as well...

Cheers,

Carson