[Qgis-user] Action does not work unless "Capture" is true

Don MacQueen macq at llnl.gov
Thu May 1 16:47:17 PDT 2008

Running QGis 0.10.0, also 0.9.1, on Mac OS 10.4.11

I have defined an Action which is simply to open a file (a photo, as
it happens). Here are two slightly different ways of defining the
Action.

The first one, with capture="1" works. The other does not.

<attributeactions>
     <actionsetting action="/usr/bin/open "/Volumes/otd/%%""
capture="1" name="Open photo" />
     <actionsetting action="/usr/bin/open "/Volumes/otd/%%""
capture="0" name="Open photo no capture" />
</attributeactions>

I find this surprising, enough so that I suspect that I myself am
doing something wrong. But I've turned the capture option on and off
enough times now that I have become convinced I've got an accurate
description of the behavior.

Is this intended? Or is something not quite right? Can it be changed
so that it works in both cases?

I suspect that back in version 0.8.1 it was not necessary to set
capture = "1", but I can't verify it.

Thank you
-Don
--