[Qgis-user] removing white border and stitching

Chris H chris123 at magma.ca
Sun May 4 09:30:29 PDT 2008

Greets:

New to all this so please forgive the questions if they are lame. Im using
qgis to build an inventory of NOAA rasters for the Eastern seaboard for my
sailing purposes. Once done I would like to load this data into mapserver but
that comes later. Much of this is a steep learning curve.

The first issue that I would like to tackle is how to remove the white
boarders from the NOAA rasters to allow for seemless stitching. Can this be
done with qgis or do I need to prepare the charts with a different
application.

Many thanks for any responses.
--
/ch