[Qgis-user] Image-cataloge usage

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Thu May 8 05:01:26 PDT 2008

On Thu, May 8, 2008 at 10:57 AM, Stephan Holl
<stephan.holl at intevation.de> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
>  while using (win)QGIS 0.10.0 during a lessen very heavily (only one crash in 2
>  days!!) I wondered if it is possible to use image-catalogues (shapes) created
>  by gdaltindex whithin QGIS?
>
>  For some tasks this would be great benefit not to load 30 rasters by hand.
>
>  Are there any options to accomplish this task?

Hi,

this looks to be a good task for a simple plugin for QGIS :)
It's rather easy to load raster layers to map canvas using plugin
interface, so it's just matter of creating a simple mechanism how to
select the rasters... (I don't have experience with other GIS I have
no idea how it's usually done)

Bye,
Martin