[Qgis-user] ubuntu 8.04 and python bindings

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Tue May 20 09:24:54 PDT 2008

Hi,

ok let's try to track down the problem. Do you use some package
(which?) or do you compile qgis from source? Do you have any previous
versions of QGIS installed on the system?

What happens when you open console and type (supposing that your qgis
installation is in /usr/local):
$ export PYTHONPATH=/usr/local/share/qgis/python
$ python

then in python console do:
>>> from qgis.core import *

Will it show some error?