[Qgis-user] zoom to point/edit point coordinates

Tim Sutton tim at linfiniti.com
Wed Nov 12 05:48:40 PST 2008

Hi

One way I thought we could do this is that if the user double clicks
on the canvas while in edit mode we pop up a small dialog to let them
enter x &y. If the double click is on an existing node, the node would
be moved. If its on a non-node, a new vertex can be added there.

How does that sound?

Regards

Tim

2008/11/12 Marco Hugentobler <marco.hugentobler at karto.baug.ethz.ch>:
> Hi all,
>
> I filled an enhancement ticket for this in track (#1395). Sounds like a good
> addition for version 1.1.
>
> Regards,
> Marco
>
> On Tuesday 11 November 2008 23:32:26 Tim Sutton wrote:
>> Hi
>>
>> I'd be happy to in QGIS 1.1 - we would need Marcos input on the
>> digitising side of things probably.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Tim

>> > If someone (nudge Tim) can figure the UI for adding point/vertex at (x,
>> > y) and moving point/vertex to (x, y) I'd like to add it to core
>> > functionality.
>> >
>> > Magnus
>
> --
> Dr. Marco Hugentobler
> Institute of Cartography
> ETH Zurich
> Technical Advisor QGIS Project Steering Committee

 * QGIS programming services
 * FOSS Consulting Services
Skype: timlinux Irc: timlinux on #qgis at freenode.net