[Qgis-user] python import errors

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 15:39:01 PST 2008

Hi,

I've compiled QGIS 0.11 again, because I've updated Python to version 2.5.

Now, when I go to a shell and execute qgis, I obtain some python errors:

"An error occured during execution of following code:
import traceback
can't import cStringIO"

"An error occured during execution of following code:

import __main__
can't import cStringIO"

"Couldn't load SIP module.
Python support will be disabled.
can't import cStringIO"

After this messages, QGIS exits.

In python shell, the imports mentioned in error messages work correctly:

$ python
>>> import traceback
>>> import cStringIO
>>> import sip

Everything was functioning normally before upgrading Python. I suppose I
have to modify some system variable, like PYTHONPATH, but I can not find
which one.

I'm using gentoo. Python 2.5 installed using emerge. The previous
installation of QGIS, that function correctly, compiled manually.

Thanks for any advice.
José María