[Qgis-user] Mac OS X: QGIS 1.0 Preview 2 Crashes

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Fri Nov 14 09:07:31 PST 2008

On Fri, Nov 14, 2008 at 5:20 PM, William Kyngesburye
<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
> On Nov 14, 2008, at 9:18 AM, William Kyngesburye wrote:
>
>>> do you have any ideas how to improve the situation of QGIS python
>>> support on OS X?
>>> I don't know much about specifics of OS X but we could tweak python
>>> support with your assistence if you describe what's going wrong.
>>>
>>> Martin
>>
>> I think we're stuck with what we get from SIP/PyQt.  SIP is, I believe,
>> what is setting the compile flags.  Even if Qgis post-processed those flags,
>> SIP and PyQt would still be built that way.
>>
>> If it's what I think it is, I see in sipconfig.py:
>>
>> _default_macros = {
>> 'LFLAGS_PLUGIN': '-single_module -dynamiclib',
>>
> Hmm, I started poking around more...  Where DOES Qgis get its python compile
> flags from?

All configuration for build of PyQGIS is in python/configure.py.in
(which is processed by CMake). As you correctly figured out already,
the flags come from sipconfig.ModuleMakefile.

Am I right that the problem applies only to bindings (based on
SIP/PyQt4), while implementation of embedded python (libqgispython) is
okay?

Martin