[Qgis-user] Mac OS X: QGIS 1.0 Preview 2 Crashes

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Nov 14 10:30:23 PST 2008

On Nov 14, 2008, at 11:07 AM, Martin Dobias wrote:

> Am I right that the problem applies only to bindings (based on
> SIP/PyQt4), while implementation of embedded python (libqgispython) is
> okay?

Ah, there's a tricky one.  Is libqgispython meant to be a "library",
linked by other plugins or the Qgis app?  Or is it more like a plugin,
loaded by Qgis?

I see that none of Qgis, libqgis_* or python/qgis/*.so directly link
libqgispython.  Yet it is compiled as a library (not bundle) and also
links directly to the python binary.

If libqgispython is dynamically loaded by Qgis, thet it should also be
compiled as a bundle and not linked to python.

If libqgispython is meant to be used as a library by other binaries
(ie python extensions), then it still shouldn't link directly to
python, but expect Python to be loaded in some way by whatever is
linking to it.  It would have to compile with -undefined
dynamic_lookup then.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
illusion caused by the passage of history."

- Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy