[Qgis-user] WMS and Proxy

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Mon Oct 13 23:45:17 PDT 2008

Hello QGIS Developers,

I have problems using external WMS across the proxy.

I set the correct proxy data at "Settings" --> "Options" --> "Proxy"-tab.

When the proxy is inactive I can access my local WMS services, but no
external ones (this is like expected). When the proxy is active I can
neither access my local WMS services nor external ones. I'd expect at
least being able to access the external services when the proxy is active.

I'd like being able to enable/disable proxy per WMS/Postgis connection
because I want to use a combination of internal and external WMS services.
In the WMS and DB connection dialogues there should be a checkbox "Use
Proxy".

I wonder if other QGIS users have problems with the proxy settings as well.

Thank you for feedback/information on the issue.

Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann
Böschacherstrasse 6, CH-8624 Grüt/Gossau, Switzerland