[Qgis-user] (no subject)

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Oct 17 20:13:43 PDT 2008

On Oct 17, 2008, at 9:46 PM, John C. Tull wrote:

>> About two weeks ago, the non-native dialog disappeared from Qt 4.5.
>> All  Mac file dialogs are native. Appending extra controls to Mac
>> native file dialogs hasn't been implemented yet so the QGIS
>> Encoding popup is currently unavailable in Qt 4.5.
>>
>> At this point, it looks like if we do nothing, the problem will go
>> away when Qt 4.5 is released (which may be around January). Qt 4.5
>> Carbon seems to work as well as Qt 4.4 for those who want native
>> dialogs now. Qt 4.5 Cocoa is quirky but also usable (no splash
>> screen, no icons in menus, some dialogs appear half off screen).
>
> Tom,
>
> Thanks for pointing out the Qt4.5 dialog change. That has been a
> concern for me as well, but now that Qt is moving to a native dialog
> it should be considered fixed.

Well, Qt 4.5 is still in development.  Qgis works with the current
stable Qt, and more work to get all the kinks worked out (like your
GRASS problem below, or adding the extra Qgis controls) would delay
Qgis even more.

I'd be happy with Tom's proof-of-concept fix - I think the main need
for access to external drives is to add raster and vector layers.

> On a side note, with Qt4.5 carbon built from today's snapshot, the
> grass plugin fails to compile. I had to disable grass in order to
> get a finished qgis trunk build. Because qt is not stable, I have
> not filed a bug.
>
> The file dialog worked well. Very nice, indeed.
>
> Cheers,
> John

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe