[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 22:44:08 PDT 2008

John C. Tull wrote:
> On a side note, with Qt4.5 carbon built from today's snapshot, the grass
> plugin fails to compile. I had to disable grass in order to get a
> finished qgis trunk build. Because qt is not stable, I have not filed a
> bug.

qgsgrassshell is the one remaining QGIS module that still needs Qt3Support.

Qt4.5 is supposed to enable Qt3Support for a Carbon-only build but
disable it for a Cocoa or combined build. I have only done a combined
build so I haven't built Qt4.5 Qt3Support.

I use an unfinished port of qgsgrassshell. I have uploaded it to
http://telwertowski.home.comcast.net/qgsgrassshell_qt4_r9490.diff.

One problem with this shell is that large blocks of output are not
initially displayed correctly. Instead of multiple lines, you may see
one line repeated multiple times. If you cover and uncover the window,
the correct output will be visible. The shell also freezes after running
a tool from the command line. The workaround is to close and reopen the
shell. I suspended work on porting the shell to do the menu
reorganization for QGIS 1.0.

Tom