[Qgis-user] (no subject)

Tom Elwertowski telwertowski at comcast.net
Fri Oct 17 23:31:34 PDT 2008

William Kyngesburye wrote:
> I'd be happy with Tom's proof-of-concept fix - I think the main need for
> access to external drives is to add raster and vector layers.

Since Qt is saving the volume list in com.trolltech.plist and then
retrieving the list for subsequent dialogs, the proof-of-concept is
actually closer to a complete solution since Open Project or Add Layer
are likely to be used before any other file dialog.

When I wrote the code, I though the items would be added only to the
active file dialog. The documentation doesn't mention persistence.

I will add the code bracketed by QT_VERSION < 0x040500 so it doesn't
interfere with future Qt releases and can easily be found later.

Tom