[Qgis-user] plug-ins

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Oct 21 13:40:26 PDT 2008

Hi,

what versions are you running?

I'm running here on winXP, qgis 0.11 (metis). You should not try out
python plugins in 1.0 preview yet because the api is still moving on,
thereby making some plugins look buggy (while they were working a few
svn-versions ago ;-) ).

Anyway,

On 0.11/XP I am able to install PostGPS fine, it doesn't look to have
dependecies here... Mmm, nope it needs psycopg2, and apparently it's
installed in my python. But you can find it here:
http://www.stickpeople.com/projects/python/win-psycopg/#Version1

NewLayer has indeed a psycopg dependency. For windows you can find
packages here:
http://www.stickpeople.com/projects/python/win-psycopg/#Version1
But probably you have a more current postgis version then psycopg
handles, so maybe it's a nice starting project to 'port' it to psycopg2
:-) (shouldn't be that much trouble, start with changing all 'psycopg'
in 'psycopg2' in newlayer.py...).

(by the way, psycopg(2) are python packages, needed to make
python-database connections to postgis.

Pypostgis has gdal-dependencies, but I have no experience with that on
windows. Hopefully others have.

Good Luck,

Richard Duivenvoorde