[Qgis-user] plug-ins

Chang, Elizabeth Elizabeth.Chang at noblis.org
Tue Oct 21 18:28:05 PDT 2008

I was running 1.0 but I just switched to 0.11 and had some luck with New
Layer plug-in after installing psycopg version 1. Thanks for the tip.

It installed successfully but when I tried to connect to my database, I
got an error, I think, due to PostGIS being on a Linux server, not my
machine.
An error has occured while executing Python code:

Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:/Documents and
Settings/m29308/.qgis//python/plugins\newlayer\newlayer.py", line 50, in
run
    con = psycopg.connect(str(dsn[0]))
OperationalError: could not connect to server: Connection refused
(0x0000274D/10061)
Is the server running on host "???" and accepting
TCP/IP connections on port 5432?

For the PostGPS plugin that needs psycopg2, is the psycopg and psycopg2
module version 1, and version 2, respectively? When I downloaded psycopg
v. 2.0.8 from the stickpeople site, I didn't see any modules called
psycopg2. There were some files called psycopg1.p* under a directory
called psychopg2.

Thanks so much for your help.

Elizabeth