[Qgis-user] move vertex to specified coordinates?

Brent Wood pcreso at pcreso.com
Wed Oct 22 01:44:13 PDT 2008

Hi Matt,

There are still a few possibilities...

I haven't tried this, but you may be able to type the new vertices into a text file, open the text file as a new layer, snap to that layer, & edit your layer, dragging the appropriate point to the new location, where it should snap to exactly the new coordinates (if snapping works as I expect it to).

You can also edit your layer, zooming in & moving the point, checking the cursor coordinates until they show the desired location.

If you can edit your source data outside of QGIS, for example if it is a PostGIS layer, you could update the point's coordinates
using PostGIS/SQL.

HTH,

   Brent Wood