[Qgis-user] move vertex to specified coordinates?

matt wilkie maphew at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 09:38:24 PDT 2008

Hi Brent,

I created the desired coordinates in a .csv file, loaded as delimited text,
set the snapping preference to a generous distance and attempted to move
vertexes of a polygon layer to coincide with the points. No go. "Snapping"
in qgis does not seem to mean the same thing as in all other software I've
used to date. If I read the manual correctly[1], in qgis snapping means
"search distance from mouse click to find a vertex or segment" as opposed to
the more familiar "search distance from currently selected vertex to vertex
or segment on this or other snap-enabled layers".

[1] node24.html of user guide for qgis 0.9. No hyperlink because the manual
does not seem to be available online in html (?)

Andreas: I agree, I'm certain people would use the function of hand editing
coordinates in many places, were it available. :)

cheers,

-matt