[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Werner Macho werner.macho at gmail.com
Wed Oct 22 02:33:08 PDT 2008

Ok if it's not a bug I'll stick to the User-list

I'll attach a shp I'm currently working with.
Opening the shape and maximizing it to the extends give me a scale of
1:8399669399
Moving with the Pan tool just about 1cm to downside gives 1:3582041596
(maybe not only down probably a bit left or right too but moving with
mouse is not so easy :) )
And thats the point I cant believe ..
Can anyone confirm that or just tell me what I am doing wrong?
For me it seems to make the same mistake wether I'm projecting with MGI
/ Austria M34 (EPSG 31286) which seems to be the correct projection - or
using standard WGS84 projection.

What am I doing wrong?
regards Werner