[Qgis-user] altitude profile/diagram

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Fri Oct 24 05:25:36 PDT 2008

Tuesday 21 of October 2008 22:49:47 Paul L napisaƂ(a):
> I have a basic question regarding the functionality of qgis; Is it possible
> to select a line-segment in a vector layer (e.g. a road), calculate it
> against a raster layer with altitude values, and in the end have qgis plot
> a diagram/profile (distance on the x-axis, altitude on the y-axis)?
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p20099133/profil.gif

Not so pretty, but very simple profile tool is available for QGIS 0.11:
http://www.bwj.aster.net.pl/qgis-oldapi/index.html#profile

The install instructions are on the top of this page. Note that you need also
PyQwt5 module installed. If you need more powerful version, I'm going to
provide it in Nov or Dec.