[Qgis-user] scaling bug?

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 06:17:57 PDT 2008

Magnus,
>> 2) provide a skeleton file for newly created project, as it was
>> proposed in
>>    this topic already
> I propose introducing this feature right away. If we silentl read
> properties from .sgiq/skeleton_project.qgs
> there is no need for UI changes...
This would be good, but how does the user know to save a skeleton
project here? For those of us 'in the know' no new GUI changes would be
required, however, there would need to be some GUI changes somewhere to
indicate that this was and option for the rest of the QGIS world. In the
end, I think a 'save current project as default' option would need to be
added to the project properties dialog.

For the time being though, a simple plugin could be created that would
check ~.qgis/default_project.qgs for default projections and measurement
units, and apply this to the current ( new ) project.