[Qgis-user] crete dem

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Thu Oct 30 01:24:39 PDT 2008

Hi Daniele,

no, not directly in QGIS. But GRASS offers excellent tools for creating
DEMs. You could use it either from the GRASS GUI or from within QGIS using
the GRASS plugins.

You can look at the following commands to create the DTM:
There are several interpolation methods available - I had best results
with v.surf.rst
(http://grass.ibiblio.org/gdp/html_grass63/v.surf.rst.html)

other methods are r.surf.contour (but in my case I did not like the
results) or r.surf.nnbathy

Hope this helps as a starter.

Andreas