[Qgis-user] reference raster layers

Michael Neubauer Neubauer-Michael at gmx.net
Tue Sep 30 10:50:38 PDT 2008

Hello Bernando,

when both, raster and vector layer, use the same projection, they should be in
the right place and in the right position to each other. So you cannot
just "move" the layers.

Maybe you should try to change the projection for the whole project. So go to
> settings > project properties > projection and activate "on the fly
projection" now you could try to change the projection for the whole project.
e.g. just try the UTM coordinates for your zone and see what that does.

But maybe just your maps are not referenced correctly. When you know the
coordinates for one point on your map, you can put the cursor on this point
and check the displayed coordinates at the right bottom of your screen.

Good luck

Michael

p.s.: I had problems with the correct reference system at the beginning as
well; see:
http://forum.qgis.org/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=718&p=1987&hilit=pinquin#p1987