[Qgis-user] vector category grouping

Jason Jorgenson jjorgenson at gmail.com
Tue Sep 30 04:31:45 PDT 2008

Hi everyone.    Is there an easy way to group similar items in this
vector layer?  I have a geology layer with a LOT of polygons but it
has too many categories. (high resolution geology map in vector
format.) I want to, for example, color all of the entries that are
primarily limestone so they display as one color...  I am running in
Kubuntu, QGis compiled from head.  I see a Add Group option when I
right click on the items, but can't seem to figure out what that
does...

Also, I am wondering something really simple as well.  How do I clear
the selection I made with the select tool so nothing is selected
anymore?

Thanks everyone!

Jason
(aka arkygeek)

--
Jason Jorgenson
Ph.D. Candidate

"To mess up a Linux box, you need to work at it; to mess up your
Windows box, you just need to work on it"