[Qgis-user] Problem with PostGIS Layer - Wrong Extent

Luigi Castro Cardeles luigi.cardeles at gmail.com
Wed Apr 1 07:30:52 PDT 2009

Hi List,

I have a project configured with a custom projection, and in that project, i
have two layers - one shp and one postgis layers, both polygons. Both use a
custom projection and on first load QGIS use SRS WGS84 latlong (so later i
change the srs to custom srs and have projection on the fly disabled - there
are some bugs relate to this). (about that wrong SRS - the PostGIS layer has
a custom SRS on spatial_ref_sys but QGIS ignores that).

They are equal, the same geometry (i just convert and put the shp on db).

If i use ogrinfo on the shp, the extent returns correct. I i use "Select
st_extent(the_geom) from geotable" (using psql), the extents returns exacts
the same that was returned by ogrinfo.

When i put these two layers on QGIS, they  show at right place. No problem.
If i see the metadata at QGIS, the shp layer show the correct extent but the
postgis layer show extent zero (xMin,yMin 0,0 : xMax,yMax 0,0).

This only troubles if i want use "Zoom to layer extent".
Anyone has any clues? Maybe a new bug?
I search the bug tracker and find some bugs about projections issues but
none (i think) fits that scenario.

Best Regards,

Luigi Castro Cardeles