[Qgis-user] Re: Manage R

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sun Apr 5 14:13:08 PDT 2009

Alessandro,
> Hi Carson,
> I tried to use the Ctrl+F command in the manageR interface to export a
> R layer to a file, but I had this message:
> Unable to find R package 'rgdal'.
> but using R interface I installed rgdal and I can load it without
> problem (with "library(rgdal)" command).
> If I use "library(rgdal)" in the manageR interface I have this message:
> Errore: caricamento pacchetto/namespace fallito per 'rgdal' (in italian)
> Error: loading package/namespace failed for 'rgdal' (in english)
>
> The Ctrl+M command works fine.
> What could be the problem?
> I'm using QGIS 1.0.1 (OSGEO installer) and R-2.7.0 in Windows XP.
This might have something to do with the fact that rgdal is often
installed in a separate directory than other R packages (because it
depends on proj4 and gdal/ogr. When trying to load the library in
manageR, try specifying the lib.loc or libpath parameter(s), you will
have to figure out where these packages are installed first, as I do not
have a Windows machine to check this on. If this doesn't work, please
let me know, and I'll try to think of something else...

lib.loc: a character vector describing the location of R library trees
          to search through, or 'NULL'.  The default value of 'NULL'
          corresponds to all libraries currently known. Non-existent
          library trees are silently ignored.

libpath: a character string giving the complete path to the package.

> About this problem, I updated the plugin and now it's works: the
> fields are in the original order!
> Thank you very much!!!
Great! I don't know why I didn't get this fixed sooner ;-)

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer