[Qgis-user] MrSid support on 64-bit Linux?

Mark A. Haun haunma at keteu.org
Thu Apr 16 23:24:31 PDT 2009

On Wed, 15 Apr 2009 09:19:35 +0100
Giovanni Manghi <giovanni.manghi at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>

> > So... any success reports, on either x86 or x86-64?
>
> yes.
>
> For example, I wrote this guide
>
> http://wiki.osgeo.org/wiki/Instalar_Grass_6.4_e_QGis_1.0_em_Ubuntu_8.10_(com_ECW_e_MrSID)
>
> in Portuguese. The steps are pretty self-explanatory but if something
> is not clear drop me a line.

Thanks!  I was able to translate with Google and perform the needed
installations.  I built GDAL, then QGIS (without GRASS for now) and my
MrSID topos are loading just fine.  Very straightforward.

I'm very pleased with QGIS thus far.  I like how I can display all of
the Cascades topos in a single tiled view in the "overview" pane so it
is possible to navigate to anywhere in the mountains very easily.

Mark