[Qgis-user] Multiple Symbolization Rules per Layer

Martin Dobias wonder.sk at gmail.com
Wed Apr 22 06:32:58 PDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 1:56 PM, Andreas Neumann <a.neumann at carto.net> wrote:

> For a future QGIS version it would be cool if there would either support for:
>
> * multiple symbolization rules
> * data-defined styling for stroking/filling - as you already do with
> data-defined text-styles.
>
> Multiple symbolization would also be cool for multiple symbolizations of
> the same layer for different map scales (without having to load the layer
> multiple times). Autodesk Map3D handles this nicely.

It would be surely nice to have these features...
The new generation symbology I'm developing doesn't include neither of
them, but I'm trying to keep it extensible so such addition in future
would be possible. I think this is one of the features where creating
usable GUI is actually harder than the implementation itself :)

Martin