[Qgis-user] Project takes very long to load

Andreas Neumann a.neumann at carto.net
Tue Apr 28 01:14:15 PDT 2009

Hello,

I'd like to inform you that Jürgen provided a fix for the problem, which
is now in trunk. Thank you Jürgen!

The problem really was the primary key detection, which was checked with
every project load and took very long for complex views/tables. Now the
pkey check is done with the initial layer loading and stored in the
project file. When loading the layer it seems like it first starts the
primary key detection with the stored key attribute from the project files
and stops searching for further keys after it confirmed that the suggested
key works - at least this is how I understand the current behavior in
trunk - Jürgen - please correct me if I am wrong.

Anyway - the project that previously loaded in 3-4 minutes now loads in
approx. 10 seconds.

I hope that this can still make it into the 1.1 release, as this is a big
problem for people with more complex tables/views.

Thanks,
Andreas

--
Andreas Neumann