[Qgis-user] Missing qwt5 for qgis_unstable under Ubuntu Jaunty

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Apr 28 03:23:37 PDT 2009

Working with qgis_unstable, under Ubuntu Jaunty / 64-bit, I try to
install several plugins that need the qwt5 python module (e.g. Value
Tool and Profile). There is some conflict in the Ubuntu repositories
which won't let for example "python-qwt5-qt4" install [1][2].

So attempting to install these qgis-plugins returns:
The plugin depends on some components missing on your system. You need
to install the following Python module in order to enable it: Qwt5

I decided to get the source "PyQwt-5.1.1 for Qt-4" and build/install it
[3]. Unfortunately qgis doesn't see the installed qwt5 module. Any ideas
on how to make it work?

Thanks, Nikos
---

[1] # trying to install
sudo apt-get install python-qwt5-qt4

---%<---
  python-qwt5-qt4: Depends: python (< 2.6) but 2.6.2-0ubuntu1 is to be
installed
E: Broken packages
---%<---

[2] https://bugs.launchpad.net/ubuntu/+source/pyqwt5/+bug/342782