[Qgis-user] Missing qwt5 for qgis_unstable under Ubuntu Jaunty

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Apr 28 05:21:02 PDT 2009

On Apr 28, 2009, at 5:23 AM, Nikos Alexandris wrote:

> Working with qgis_unstable, under Ubuntu Jaunty / 64-bit, I try to
> install several plugins that need the qwt5 python module (e.g. Value
> Tool and Profile). There is some conflict in the Ubuntu repositories
> which won't let for example "python-qwt5-qt4" install [1][2].
>
> So attempting to install these qgis-plugins returns:
> The plugin depends on some components missing on your system. You need
> to install the following Python module in order to enable it: Qwt5
>
> I decided to get the source "PyQwt-5.1.1 for Qt-4" and build/install
> it
> [3]. Unfortunately qgis doesn't see the installed qwt5 module. Any
> ideas
> on how to make it work?

What I found when trying to install it for OSX is that Qwt5 must be
inside the PyQt space (ie in the Pyqt folder), because it's loaded
with "from PyQt4.Qwt5 import *".

If you have multiple PyQt installations, make sure you're installing
Qwt in the same PyQt that Qgis is loading.

PS. are there a lot of Qgis plugins now that use Qwt5?  For OSX
packaging I may need to bundle Qwt5 in the Qgis app, at least for Qgis
1.1.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe