[Qgis-user] Project takes very long to load

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Apr 28 03:40:37 PDT 2009

Juergen, Andreas,

Andreas:
> Did you re-save the project in another name or saved it again?

I loaded (waiting... watiting...), saved with a "_pan_1.1.qgs" suffix,
closed and re-openned the project. It still takes _too_ much.

But, it might be (also) another issue? This project loads a grass-raster
rgb composite  (20888276 cell count for _each_ band) and gives in the
terminal some Warnings [1].

> In any case, I would open the project file in a text/XML editor and make
> sure that the key='gid' (or similar column name) is present in the
> datasource element.

I just searched in my *_pan_1.1.qgs files and there is not a single
"key" string.

> Here is an example:
> <datasource>dbname='world' host=localhost port=5432 user='an'
> sslmode=disable key='gid' table="countries"."country_border" (the_geom)
> sql=</datasource>
>
> Maybe you need to manually introduce the key='somekey' in a text/XML editor.
> Can you test again and report if this helped?

I' ll try first with another very BIG project (mutltiple grass
rasters-vectors, shapefiles, styling, etc.).

Thanks, Nikos
---

[1]
Warning: QPainter::begin: Cannot paint on a null pixmap
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
Warning: QPainter::begin: Cannot paint on a null pixmap
Warning: QPainter::setPen: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::setFont: Painter not active
Warning: QPainter::end: Painter not active, aborted
Warning: QPixmap::scaled: Pixmap is a null pixmap