[Qgis-user] Project takes very long to load

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Tue Apr 28 16:09:48 PDT 2009

Hi Andreas

On 28 Apr 2009, at 10:14 AM, Andreas Neumann wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I'd like to inform you that Jürgen provided a fix for the problem,
> which
> is now in trunk. Thank you Jürgen!
>
> The problem really was the primary key detection, which was checked
> with
> every project load and took very long for complex views/tables. Now
> the
> pkey check is done with the initial layer loading and stored in the
> project file. When loading the layer it seems like it first starts the
> primary key detection with the stored key attribute from the project
> files
> and stops searching for further keys after it confirmed that the
> suggested
> key works - at least this is how I understand the current behavior in
> trunk - Jürgen - please correct me if I am wrong.
>
> Anyway - the project that previously loaded in 3-4 minutes now loads
> in
> approx. 10 seconds.
>
> I hope that this can still make it into the 1.1 release, as this is
> a big
> problem for people with more complex tables/views.

I think we will need to put out a 1.1.1 release to address this since
packaging has already started and in some cases the packages are in
use via repos etc already. I am happy to do the 1.1.1 release as an
immediate follow on from the 1.1.0 release.

Juergen is it possible to backport this fix to stable branch too if it
is not an invasive change? It sounds like maybe the project file
format is getting changed so maybe it is quite invasive?

Regards

Tim

> Thanks,
> Andreas
>

> On Fri, April 24, 2009 10:59 am, Paolo Cavallini wrote:
>> Andreas Neumann ha scritto:
>>> Here is what I did so far:
>>> I saved the project as a different name. So far this did not speed
>>> things
>>> up. I did a project file comparison in the OxygenXML editor. There