[Qgis-user] running qgis without GRASS-svn on Ubuntu

Tim Sutton lists at linfiniti.com
Wed Apr 29 19:10:08 PDT 2009

Hi
On 28 Apr 2009, at 11:39 PM, Timmie wrote:

> Hello,
> I successfully build GRASS from source on my Ubuntu box.
>
> But now I would like to use QGIS from the Ubuntu repositories with the
> qgis-plugin-grass.
>
> But whenever I try to install these via apt, they pull grass (from the
> repositores) in addition. This is an old version from 6.2.x.
>
> How can I prevent this?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Timmie

You could try just installing the old grass and installing your source
built one into  a different prefix. The I believe you can use the
GISBASE environment variable to point to the new one, and perhaps you
need to set LD_LIBRARY_PATH so that the svn grass libs get used
preferentially over the apt installed ones.

As an aside, trying to mix source built and package manage software is
probably always going to require some kind of trade off....

Regards

Tim