[Qgis-user] Ideas for QGIS plugin?

Merkes Dirk Dirk.Merkes at oberekyll.de
Tue Feb 3 02:24:07 PST 2009

Dear QGIS users,

I`am using QGIS in our local volunteer fire brigade headquaters. At the moment I'am using the WGS 84 coordinate system, but all rescue units in Germany are using the MGRS or UTMREF coordinate system. I haven`t found a way to create an own projection in QGIS in MGRS or UTMREF because I`m a absolutly beginner in QGIS. I hope there is a way with a plugin like the Coordinate Capture to convert UTM to MGRS or UTMREF coordinates. Does anybody has a solution for the problem? Thanks for your help...

Dirk

Verbandsgemeindeverwaltung Obere Kyll
Abteilung 5 - Verbandsgemeindewerke
Rathausplatz 1 - 54584 Jünkerath