[Qgis-user] Adding grid lines to a map

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Sat Feb 7 09:03:22 PST 2009

HI Matt,
> Hi All,
>
> I am working on a map that I need to print for field reference, and I
> cannot see a good way of putting 10 metre gridlines over the map. Does
> anyone have any ideas?
The latest version of fTools has some improved functionality in terms of
creating grids: http://www.ftools.ca/fTools.html. It is also available
via the plugin installer. The vector grid tool is the tool you are
looking for, and it's located under sampling tools. The output grid
won't have an associated coordinate system, but you can define it to be
utm (or whatever you want), once it's created using the define current
projection tool under management tools...

Cheers,

Carson

--
Carson J. Q. Farmer