[Qgis-user] Win binry w/o osgeo4w ?

Alex Mandel tech_dev at wildintellect.com
Wed Feb 25 17:23:25 PST 2009

Marco Pasetti wrote:
> Alex,
>
>> Is your installer script online somewhere, so that some of us could try
>> updating it possibly with the OSGeo4w binaries?
>
> I put all in ..\branches\Release-1_0_0\ms-windows
> But it is made for the MSYS build, you must modify the NSI and the batch
> script to adapt the it to the OSGEO4W build.
> Regards,
>
> Marco

I've read through Marco's instructions
http://trac.osgeo.org/qgis/browser/trunk/qgis/ms-windows/README.html
It doesn't seem too complicated.

I don't have a windows box though, does some on windows want to give it
a shot and I'll try to coach you through editing the NSIS script and such.

Has anyone tried to cross compile for windows on linux using the MSYS
build. NSIS does run on linux these days.

Maybe it would even work in wine? I guess I could try going down that
route...

Thanks,
Alex