[Qgis-user] plugin installer missing in qgis 1.0 (ubuntu hardy binary)

Borys Jurgiel borys at wolf.most.org.pl
Mon Jan 5 05:11:17 PST 2009

Sunday 04 January 2009 23:54:05 Agustin Lobo napisaƂ(a):
> True again, thanks. I should have remembered this as I had the same problem
> in previous upgrades!
> Perhaps the download page should include a notice telling users
> to remove or rename their ~/.qgis/python/plugins directory.
> Also, while the masking behaviour is probably appropriate, including
> a message in the Plugin manager reminding the user that the masking is
> actually taking place would be very useful. I.e., replacing
> "Plugin Installer (Version 0.06.2) [incompatible]"
> by
> "Plugin Installer Masked by Version 0.06.2 [incompatible] in your
> ~/.qgis/python/plugins directory"
> or something like that,
>
> Agus

Thanks for this ideas! I think I'll implement it even simpler: the Installer
will keep an eye on such cases and will propose to fix them.

Your problem was specific because you were using quite old installer, which
was affected too. All versions since November 13 are compatible so I hope most
users have updated / will update it before upgrading QGIS. In future such
changes in the 1.0 qgis line won't occur anymore.

Regards,
B.