[Qgis-user] [Fwd: Installing qgis 1.0.0 final under windows]

Micha Silver micha at arava.co.il
Thu Jan 15 00:23:45 PST 2009

Agustin Lobo wrote:
> I've sent these directions for my students
> to install qgis 1.00final + the required plugins under win
> for an exercise. Thought could be of some help
> for other people too.
> Comments and corrections appreciated!
>
> Many thanks to Marco Pasetti for the win binaries,
> and to all developers, releasers, community team etc
>

> Agus
> PS Why is QGIS not listed under Express Install?

Hi Agus:
Would you be interested to add "How to add support for *.ecw and *.sid
rasters" ??
i.e.:
5(a) . Following the instructions here:
http://trac.osgeo.org/osgeo4w/wiki/pkg-gdal-ecw
download (requires registration and agreeing to the license) and install
the ERMapper SDK, and copy four *.dll files from the SDK to
C:\Windows\System32.
In the OSGeo installer, under Libs, select also gdal-ecw and gdal-mrsid.

Cheers,
Micha