[Qgis-user] Graticules

Carson Farmer carson.farmer at gmail.com
Mon Jan 26 15:25:24 PST 2009

Hi Augus
> Agustin Lobo wrote:
>
>>> Could be considered that the graticule creator work in projected
>>> coordinates? It's hard making a UTM graticule by entering geographic
>>> values. Also, it would useful if the default values for the extent
>>> could be those of the displayed region and/or those of the extent of
>>> a given layer.

You could probably do this with the vector grid function in fTools as
well...
Though now that I think of it... you might be limited to geographic
coordinates here as well... but you could probably get around this by
specifying UTM coordinates, and defining the projection to be UTM after
the grid is created... I'm not sure though...

> Tim Sutton wrote:
>
>> On my last round of edits to the graticule plugin, I put in
>> the groundwork for this. I will add it to the feature plan for 1.1
>>

> Hi,
>
> if you use the GRASS plugin you can theoretically do such things with the
> v.mkgrid module.
>
> perhaps src/plugins/grass/modules/v.mkgrid.region.qgm needs to be updated
> to give access to more module options:
>   http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.mkgrid.html
>
> ?
>
> maybe as a new v.mkgrid.coor.qgm ?
>

> Hamish

Carson J. Q. Farmer
ISSP Doctoral Fellow
National Centre for Geocomputation (NCG),
John Hume Building,
National University of Ireland, Maynooth,
Co. Kildare,
Ireland.
Phone: +353 (0) 1 708 6726
Fax:   +353 (0) 1 708 6456