[Qgis-user] Graticules

Agustin Lobo Agustin.Lobo at ija.csic.es
Mon Jan 26 23:56:24 PST 2009

Carson,

This is actually almost perfect and I do confirm that works
in the projection being defined for the project.
The only improvement would be that once you select "Input Boundary
Layer" you should get the actual values written  in the X,Y fields
of "Input Coordinates". In this way, the user could then select "Input
coordinates" to slightly modify the values (you normally want
the grid at rounded positions).
Thanks a lot

Agus

Carson Farmer wrote:
> Hi Augus

> You could probably do this with the vector grid function in fTools as
> well...
> Though now that I think of it... you might be limited to geographic
> coordinates here as well... but you could probably get around this by
> specifying UTM coordinates, and defining the projection to be UTM after
> the grid is created... I'm not sure though...

>> Tim Sutton wrote:
>>
>>> On my last round of edits to the graticule plugin, I put in
>>> the groundwork for this. I will add it to the feature plan for 1.1
>>>

>> Hi,
>>
>> if you use the GRASS plugin you can theoretically do such things with the
>> v.mkgrid module.
>>
>> perhaps src/plugins/grass/modules/v.mkgrid.region.qgm needs to be updated
>> to give access to more module options:
>>   http://grass.osgeo.org/grass64/manuals/html64_user/v.mkgrid.html
>>
>> ?
>>
>> maybe as a new v.mkgrid.coor.qgm ?
>>

>> Hamish

Dr. Agustin Lobo
Institut de Ciencies de la Terra "Jaume Almera" (CSIC)
LLuis Sole Sabaris s/n
08028 Barcelona
Spain
Tel. 34 934095410