[Qgis-user] Graticules

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Jan 27 03:13:07 PST 2009

On Tue, 2009-01-27 at 12:33 +0200, Micha Silver wrote:
> Agustin Lobo wrote:
>
> > Not sure if Tools/Sampling Tool is the appropriate place for the user
> > to find this tool, though.
> >
> IMHO it should be part of the print composer. Normally graticules/grids
> are an element of the final printed map.

Hi! I don't disagree that normally a grid is part of the final map. But
there are many occasions where it helps better "orientation" while
interpreting an image for example, or dividing a digitisation work in
"blocks"... and more.

And there is always the option to load it in the final map. But not the
opposite, from the print composer to the map canvas. Right?

Kind regards, Nikos