[Qgis-user] Export WMS Layer

Till Adams adams at terrestris.de
Tue Jul 7 05:36:30 PDT 2009

Rainer,

it is not difficult to build the getmap request on your own. Take this
as an example and apply this to your WMS:

You can pick the Bbox coordinates from your QGIS window, then put the
request in a browser to check:

This is an example:
http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0?LAYERS=basic&SERVICE=WMS&VERSION=1.1.1&REQUEST=GetMap&STYLES=&EXCEPTIONS=application%2Fvnd.ogc.se_inimage&FORMAT=image%2Fjpeg&SRS=EPSG%3A4326&BBOX=-5.625,45,0,50.625&WIDTH=256&HEIGHT=256

So change the URL[http://labs.metacarta.com/wms/vmap0]  (that what you
put in QGIS), then the
layers [*basic*]
srid [4326]
bbox [-5.625,45,0,50.625]

Parameters to your WMS, and probably the width & height to get a bigger
image -
that's it,

Regards, Till

> Hi
>
> I am using a WMS layer, and would like to export the layer, as I see
> it after zooming, from QGIS to a picture format.
>
> Is there a way of either exporting from QGIS, or obtaining the URL
> request, so that I can use wget to download it externally?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Rainer
>  P.S: I am using Linux (Ubuntu Hardy)
>
> --
> Rainer M. Krug, Centre of Excellence for Invasion Biology,
> Stellenbosch University, South Africa

terrestris GmbH & Co. KG
Irmintrudisstrasse 17
53111 Bonn