[Qgis-user] qgis and saga (future) integration hypothesis

G. Allegri giohappy at gmail.com
Fri Jul 10 11:45:46 PDT 2009

Hello people.
Las weeks I had some time do digg into the SAGA world, and I must admit it's
a very good product.
Latest snapshot from trunk has updated drivers for gdal. The only thing that
needs mantainment is the python plugin, which has been left to python 2.3
(I'm working to update it).
The API/core, the modules system and the command line interface are
decoupled from the GUI.
It's C++.
So, the step to think to a qgis/saga plugin is brief.

I've seen a post from Augistin, asking for the same thing [1]. I know that
the dev forces aren't enough to work on this, but we could open a
whishlist/todo page, don't you think? People from SAGA ml would be also
interested.

SAGA algorithms were the basis on which Sextentegis was developed. Then this
was integrated into Gvsig... Why don't make happen the same for SAGA? :)

Giovanni

[1] http://n2.nabble.com/QGis-and-SAGA-td2048307.html