[Qgis-user] qgis and saga (future) integration hypothesis

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jul 11 05:18:57 PDT 2009

G. Allegri ha scritto:
> SAGA algorithms were the basis on which Sextentegis was developed. Then
> this was integrated into Gvsig... Why don't make happen the same for
> SAGA? :)

Hi Giovanni.
I have tested saga a few years ago, and I was rather disappointed by its
(lack of) stability on Linux. Also, the apparently very small community
was a bit worrisome to me. More generally, I do not understand well what
is the advantage of using saga rather than grass: have you checked their
different strengths and weak points?
Thanks a lot.