[Qgis-user] qgis and saga (future) integration hypothesis

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Sat Jul 11 09:50:05 PDT 2009

Carlos Guâno Grohmann ha scritto:

> The latest SAGA CVS is stable on linux, some bugs were fixed, and it
> worked really well on my tests.
>
> RSAGA now also works on Linux, I helped Alexander Brenning on testing it.

Hi Carlos and Giovanni.
Thanks for the feedback. I see that they now have unofficial Ubuntu packages
https://launchpad.net/~johanvdw/+archive/ppa
Could you please ask the SAGA devs to help preparing a proper Debian
package, and possibly to upload it to Debian archives (of course
splitting out core and GUI)? This way it would be much easier and
efficient to test it, and therefore to start working on a possible
integration.
Also, a proper project management would help a lot - I found it scary
the statement:
"Best Way To Get Help
Unfortunately, this project hasn't indicated the best way to get help.
Contact the project's administrators to find out how to get help. "
at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/saga-gis/support

How do you see an eventual plugin? Just a wrapper that calls SAGA
commands, or something more complex?

> In the upcoming Geomorphometry2009 conference (August/September,
> Zurich), Tom Hengl et al will present a brief comparison between GRASS
> and SAGA.

That is very interesting. Please remember to post a link to the list
afterwards.
All the best.