[Qgis-user] Grid in print layout

Ricardo Filipe Soares Garcia da ricardo.garcia.silva at gmail.com
Mon Jul 27 13:24:00 PDT 2009

Hi
I'm also begging for such a tool. Like you, I've been manually
creating these grids for printing purposes only. It gets painful when
I want to display the coordinates in the bottom and right of the grid,
having to create several layers... In fact I've been looking for a
quick way to add them in various open source gis tools and came up
short. So far GRASS is the only that I've seen that allows one to
create a such a grid in an easy way (I've tried Qgis, gvSIG, uDIG,
OpenJUMP, Kosmo and GRASS). On the downside, with GRASS I have to
create a new region and mapset and import my files, which is also time
consuming.

I am considering learning gmt, mainly to be able to draw these grids
on top of my maps... (though I am sure it will be useful for other
things as well)

So, to conclude, it would be really cool if Qgis had such a feature!